Cancellation Policy & Payment Terms
Corona Virus - COVID-19 Updates
Date Updated: 17.03.2020
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
Due to the unforeseen circumstances all around the world regarding the Corona virus - COVID-19 and with respect to the Greek authorities and the World Health Organisation, we are obliged to take extra measurements to protect our clients and their reservations made with Luxury Villas on Crete. We would like to ensure you that we keep monitoring and evaluating the situation according to the Greek authorities and the World Health Organisation. This temporary solution will continue until further notice from the Greek authorities.
All prepayments for reservations made for 2020 are now eligible to the COVID-19 Cancellation Policy.
Luxury Villas on Crete will keep the prepayments frozen 30 days prior your arrival. At this point customer will either proceed with the reservation as the circumstances at that time will allow or to proceed with a cancellation due to the COVID-19 outbreak still actively in the country origin or destination country. Luxury Villas on Crete with fully understanding of the situation for both clients and hosts would like to offer a voucher to its client's to redeem their reservations made later on this year instead of cancelling.
In case of proceeding with a cancellation, please check with your local official foreign travel advice authority for a proof of restriction in the destination country you are travelling for your booked dates.
In case of proceeding with your reservation, customer is entitled to proceed with the full payment prior their arrival.
So far following based on the Greek Law, FEK 857/B/14-3-2020, the government is taking measurements and have issued the following statement.
"The temporary prohibition of operation throughout the State, for preventive public health reasons, for the period from 15.3.2020 to 30.4.2020 of the main and non-main seasonal tourist accommodation."
Therefore for customers who have their bookings made until the end of April 2020, we would like to offer them a voucher to redeem their holidays at later point of time this year and keep their reservations active instead of loosing their reservation due to majeure circumstances. Please check with your airline provider to change your flights and let us know in order to reschedule your booking. We hope all this would finish very soon and everyone returns to the normality. Please take all the necessary steps to stop the spreading and keep your family safe.
We will continue to put our customers first and offer a complete transparency.
Cancellation Policy - Supressed by COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
- 6 weeks or more prior to an arrival 0% cancellation fee.
- Within 6 weeks prior to an arrival 100% cancellation fee.
- No-Show or earlier departures 100% cancellation fee.
- Cancellation fee is calculated on the total amount of the reservation.
- A cancellation policy of specific villas may differ and is presented at the villa page.
- 30% deposit is required by booking. It can be paid by bank transfer or with a credit card. (credit card payment fee +0.9% on Visa, +0,9% on Master Card)
- 70% balance is required 6 weeks prior to an arrival. It can be paid by bank transfer or with credit card. (credit card payment fee +0,9% on Visa, +0,9% on Master Card)
- If reservation request is performed within 6 weeks prior to an arrival date, 100% payment is required.
- If the funds are not paid by due date, LVOC reservs the right to cancel the booking. Cancellation charges in accordance with cancellation policy are levied.
- € 500,- / € 750,- Refundable damage deposit is required. It can be paid with the balance in a separate bank transfer or upon an arrival in cash or with a credit card.
- LVOC reserves the right for pre-authorization of credit cards prior to an arrival.
1) Provisional bookings must be made by telephone or email to ensure that the accommodation is available on the dates you require. A provisional booking will be held for 3 days to allow you to pay the deposit and send the booking form.
2) Guests are responsible for reimbursement in case of any damage to the property during their stay. It is advisable to take out Travel Insurance to have full cover for personal belongings and Personal Accident Cover; as we are not responsible for either.
3) If full payment is not received 6 weeks prior to arrival we reserve the right to cancel your reservation.
4) We make every effort to ensure that provided information about the property and the descriptions are correct but in the event of unintentional errors, mistakes or omissions we cannot accept any liability for these. In the unlikely event of circumstances beyond our reasonable control that would require a cancellation of the arrangements we reserve the right to refund funds already paid or make alternative arrangements based on mutual agreement with the client.
5) The home will not be rented to anyone under the age of 18.
6) Arrival to the property shall not be until after 5 PM local time and the property shall be vacated by 10 AM at the latest.
7) You must not sub-let the home or allow animals to stay.
8) The pool is not gated and it is a major condition of this reservation that your usage of the rental property and the pool is entirely at your own risk. Guests are specifically requested not to allow unsupervised children or adult non-swimmers to use the pool or use breakable materials in or around the pool.
9) For any legal purposes Greek law will apply.