Cancellation Policy & Payment Terms
Corona Virus - COVID-19 Updates
Date Updated: 16.04.2020
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
Due to the unforeseen circumstances all around the world regarding the Corona virus - COVID-19 and with respect to the Greek authorities and the World Health Organisation, we are obliged to take extra measurements to protect our clients and their reservations made with Luxury Villas on Crete. We would like to ensure you that we keep monitoring and evaluating the situation according to the Greek authorities and the World Health Organisation. This temporary solution will continue until further notice from the Greek authorities.
Based on the latest Greek law FEK-A-84, Article 70, 13.04.2020, which can be found in the following link, click here, Luxury Villas on Crete will give vouchers to all the customers that have a valid booking and have a direct or indirect impact to their bookings due to the Covid-19. Vouchers will last for a period of 18 month from the day of issue. Vouchers can be used to re-schedule dates for the same villa and the same amount of original payment. In case the voucher amount is less then the customer have to pay the difference either wise if the amount is more then by mutual agreement another voucher can be issued or a refund of the remaining balance will be issued to the customer. . All vouchers are covered by the protection against the insolvency of the organizer as provided in article 16 of p.d. 7/2018
In case of proceeding with your reservation, customer is entitled to proceed with the full payment prior their arrival.
So far the Greek government due to Covid-19 took measurements and have issued the following statement.
"The temporary prohibition of operation throughout the State, for preventive public health reasons, for the period from 15.3.2020 to 30.4.2020 of the main and non-main seasonal tourist accommodation." – Law FEK 857/B/14.03.2020
It is advised to always get a full insurance for your travel both accommodation and flights before you book any holidays.
We hope all this would finish very soon and everyone returns to the normality. Please take all the necessary steps to stop the spreading and keep your family safe.
We will continue to put our customers first and offer a complete transparency.
Cancellation Policy - Supressed by COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
- 6 weeks or more prior to an arrival 0% cancellation fee.
- Within 6 weeks prior to an arrival 100% cancellation fee.
- No-Show or earlier departures 100% cancellation fee.
- Cancellation fee is calculated on the total amount of the reservation.
- A cancellation policy of specific villas may differ and is presented at the villa page.
- 30% deposit is required by booking. It can be paid by bank transfer or with a credit card. (credit card payment fee +0.9% on Visa, +0,9% on Master Card)
- 70% balance is required 6 weeks prior to an arrival. It can be paid by bank transfer or with credit card. (credit card payment fee +0,9% on Visa, +0,9% on Master Card)
- If reservation request is performed within 6 weeks prior to an arrival date, 100% payment is required.
- If the funds are not paid by due date, LVOC reservs the right to cancel the booking. Cancellation charges in accordance with cancellation policy are levied.
- € 500,- / € 750,- Refundable damage deposit is required. It can be paid with the balance in a separate bank transfer or upon an arrival in cash or with a credit card.
- LVOC reserves the right for pre-authorization of credit cards prior to an arrival.
1) Provisional bookings must be made by telephone or email to ensure that the accommodation is available on the dates you require. A provisional booking will be held for 3 days to allow you to pay the deposit and send the booking form.
2) Guests are responsible for reimbursement in case of any damage to the property during their stay. It is advisable to take out Travel Insurance to have full cover for personal belongings and Personal Accident Cover; as we are not responsible for either.
3) If full payment is not received 6 weeks prior to arrival we reserve the right to cancel your reservation.
4) We make every effort to ensure that provided information about the property and the descriptions are correct but in the event of unintentional errors, mistakes or omissions we cannot accept any liability for these. In the unlikely event of circumstances beyond our reasonable control that would require a cancellation of the arrangements we reserve the right to refund funds already paid or make alternative arrangements based on mutual agreement with the client.
5) The home will not be rented to anyone under the age of 18.
6) Arrival to the property shall not be until after 5 PM local time and the property shall be vacated by 10 AM at the latest.
7) You must not sub-let the home or allow animals to stay.
8) The pool is not gated and it is a major condition of this reservation that your usage of the rental property and the pool is entirely at your own risk. Guests are specifically requested not to allow unsupervised children or adult non-swimmers to use the pool or use breakable materials in or around the pool.
9) For any legal purposes Greek law will apply.